How to choose your first dance
How to Choose Your First Dance Song for Your 2021 Wedding
For some couples choosing the song for their first dance is one of the easiest wedding planning decisions. For others, it can be a long and complicated choice.
If you’re struggling to choose your first dance song here are a few questions to ask yourself, that should help you narrow down your options!
Is there a ‘best’ first dance song?
No. The first dance song should be meaningful to you, not the entire world. There are of course some songs that are classic choices for first dances, which may help you if you’re looking for inspiration. We’ve listed them below on this blog post for you!
How soon do we need to choose our song?
Your first dance is your first time dancing as a married couple. All eyes will be on you! Due to this, you want to make sure you choose your song as soon as possible, so you have time to practice your dance moves. If dancings not quite your thing, you may want to hire a choreographer to help you plan out your steps and boost your confidence on the day.
How do we make your first dance special?
Making your dance special is about highlighting what makes you tick as a couple. You may want to consider creating a mashup of songs to show off your personality. Or maybe it will mean more to you if you have your band play your song live as you dance. Whatever your choices are, as long as it reflects you, it will be special.
Does a first dance need to be slow?
Not at all. If you have a special connection to an upbeat song, and are looking to set a party tone for the evening then go for it. On the other hand, you might want to slow it down to create a romantic moment between you and your partner. It’s entirely up to you.
What are the top song choices for first dances?
If you’re looking for some song inspiration, here are the 30 most popular first dance song choices.
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- At Last – Etta James
- All Of Me – John Legend
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Amazed – Lonestar
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- Your Song – Elton John
- How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
- Something – The Beatles
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith
- The Luckiest – Ben Folds
- Wherever You Will Go – Charlene Soraia
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Stand By Me – Ben E. King
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) – Natalie Cole
- I’m Kissing You – Des’ree
- Run – Leona Lewis
- You Make It Real – James Morrison
- (Everything I Do) I Do It For You – Bryan Adams
- Love You ‘Till the End – The Pogues
- You’re Still the One – Shania Twain
- From This Moment On – Shania Twain & Bryan White
- Grow Old With You – Adam Sandler
- Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
your big day